The Adopt-a-Row program enables individuals, groups, or organizations to adopt a row of trees to care for at the Shadetree Partnership Nursery in Irvine. Once a row of trees are adopted, a plaque identifying the adoption will be placed in the front of the row and listed on our website. The following tasks will be the responsibility of the adoptee and require an estimated minimum of eight hours of month.
• Weeding of the tree containers.
• Staking and pruning of the trees.
• Bi-annual fertilizing of the trees.
• Hand watering as needed, especially newly planted trees.
• Re-planting of stock that has been planted in the community.
• Root pruning or cutting of roots that have protruded out of the bottom of the container.
• Verification of drip emitter to each tree container, at least one emitter per container.
Also involved will be good housekeeping rules such as making sure all gates and doors are closed and locked upon completion of the day’s work, picking up and returning tools to appropriate storage areas, cleaning up the work area and disposing of all trash in the dumpster and observance of all of Shadetree’s posted rules of conduct.
Prior to adopting a row, we encourage you to sign up for one of our events to see if you enjoy this activity. If you enjoy yourself, contact one of our staff at our event.
If you are interested in this program, and would like to discuss and/or sign up for the Adopt-a-Row concept, please contact Dave Asman at email@example.com or Tom Bonkowski at (949) 392-3311 firstname.lastname@example.org.